A VPN, which stands for Virtual Private Network, is a technology that creates a secure network connection over a public network such as the Internet. Or, to put it a different way, a VPN enables you to send encrypted data over networks that were unencrypted prior to your sending said data.
Main reasons for using a VPN
- Or, as one tech journalist put it, a VPN is like a condom for Internet use. When you use a VPN, it creates a private encrypted tunnel that your Internet requests are sent through, re-routing your activity through a server controlled by your VPN provider.”
- Protect & secure your WiFi connectionWhen you use a public WiFi connection (say at a Starbucks or at the airport), your entire browsing activity while connected to that hotspot could be monitored and spied on.And that’s not even the worst thing that can happen. When connected to public, unsecured Wifi, all your data – including the most sensitive such as your credit card info can be easily stolen by hackers.
- NicVPN protects and secures your browsing session and keeps your data safe from snoopers and hackers.
- Browse the web anonymouslyWhat you do online should be nobody’s business but yours. Not the NSA’s , not the government’s, not Google’s or Facebook’s or any other corporation’s or person’s, whether they’re tracking you because they want to show you ads targeted to your browsing behaviour or because online snooping is in their job description.With NicVPN, what you search or pay for online is completely anonymous and protected from prying & spying eyes.
- Unblock websites such as Netflix, Hulu, Facebook and many moreSome schools block Youtube. Some countries block social media networks such as Facebook or Twitter. And some other countries block streaming websites such as Netflix, Hulu, or Spotify based on your IP and location.Because we believe in and fight for an Internet without borders and we ardently support freedom of speech, NicVPN unblocks Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, Spotify, YouTube and so on for you by enabling you to bypass online censorship and geo-restrictions.
- Hide/change your IPIn order to keep you anonymous on the Internet, NicVPN not only changes your IP by replacing it with one of its own, but it also shares 1 IP between 40 different people.So when you use NicVPN, you have the same IP as 39 other people all around the world. Why? Well just think of trying to ?pinpoint” your friend at a Halloween party where s/he is wearing the same Sherlock Holmes costume as 39 other people and you’ll understand it’s a simple, yet very effective extra-anonymity shield for you.