Here you will find how to setup L2TP on your iPhone or iPad. This tutorial is compatible with iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 9.3.
Before start, you need to have an active VPN account, if you do not have one follow the link – Get FREE VPN trial account!
Steps to setup L2TP on Iphone.
Step 1: Tap the Settings App to get to the screen below:
Step 2: Go to General
Step 3: Scroll down and select VPN (3).
Step 4: Press on “Add VPN Configuration”, then press on “Type” (4) to choose vpn protocol
In opened sub-menu select L2TP (4.1)
Fill out the Required fields, then press save when you are done in the top right hand corner.
• Description: This is a name for your VPN configuration. For our example we will use “NicVPN L2TP“.
• Server: This is the L2TP server address that can be found under the VPN Servers page in your client area.
• Account: Your VPN username.
• RSA SecurID: Not used in this configuration. Make sure it’s OFF
• Password: If left blank, every time a connection is established, a prompt for your password will appear. If completed, then the iPhone will store your password for future connections.
• Secret: For the secret key, enter “VPN” without the quotes.
• Send All Traffic: This will allow for either split tunnel or route-all depending on VPN configuration. This example will use the route-all config, make sure its set to ON.
Step 6: You can now connect to the VPN. (9)
To Disconnect from VPN just disable VPN. (9)
Step 7: In future to connect just go to Settings and enable/disable VPN (10)
That’s it! Your now connected to your secure L2TP VPN server on your iphone, ipad, or ipod.